This Honey Mustard Chicken is a delicious dish you can make in minutes with minimal prep or cooking time. Your Instant Pot does almost all the work and you’ll get dinner on the table fast.
Honey mustard flavor in anything can be absolutely delicious. It’s a popular flavor and for good reason.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS TYPE OF CHICKEN DISH?
Absolutely! In fact, this dish freezes ver well. I highly recommend freezing this in single servings unless you plan to feed a large crowd. And if that’s the case, give yourself at least two days to thaw it in the fridge. But otherwise, single servings will thaw best, either in the fridge overnight or in the microwave or even stove top.
STORING HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to three days. I never go beyond three days with any type of meat for food safety reasons. But that’s the culinary school safety classes in me talking. Some say you can go up to four days, but I never want to risk it.
HONEY MUSTARD FOR DIABETICS
The recipe below is adapted from another wonderful blogger. I wanted to adapt the recipe to be far more friendly for those with blood sugar issues, so I substituted many of the ingredients.
The main changes are to the sweetener. I also removed the liquid smoke and replaced it with smoked paprika. Liquid smoke hasn’t been fully proven to be unsafe for our health, but until it’s proven fully safe, I tend to avoid it. I much prefer smoked spices anyway.
You’ll want to make sure the mustard you use has no sugar added. It’s amazing to me how many bottles of mustard out there have unneeded, unnecessarily added sugar. Read your ingredient lists! Check your chicken broth for added sugar too. The Imagine Brand has a great, no-sugar-added chicken broth.
I also used garlic powder because I was too lazy to peel garlic. Nuff’ said about that…
The carbs are a bit higher in this dish, but because it’s sugar alcohol based, it’s never bothered me. Try with caution if you are very sensitive.
MORE PREDIABETIC FRIENDLY RECIPES:
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN (INSTANT POT RECIPE)
Adapted from Served From Scratch.
Honey Mustard Chicken (Instant Pot Recipe)
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken thighs (raw)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Nature's Hollow Honey substitute
- 1/4 tsp. liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth (no sugar added)
- Layer the ingredients into your Instant Pot's metal bowl insert in the order given.
- Place the metal bowl inside the Instant Pot and secure the lid and valve. Set pressure to high. Set time to 14 minutes. Allow a 10 minute natural release before opening the steam valve (don't burn your hand!) When all the steam is released, open your lid and shred the chicken. I find this is easiest to do with an electric hand mixer. But forks will do the trick as well.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or with a side of veggies and a salad.