These low carb almond cookies have lots of almond flavor, are small cookies for easy portions and are perfect for the holidays!
These wonderful cookies are dairy free, gluten free, and have 7 net carbs per cookie.
These wonderful cookies have a good, solid dose of almond flavor. They are a firmer cookie that crumbles easily in your mouth. These are not a cookie you want to eat a lot of, but with these, a little goes a long way. One of these small cookies totally satisfies my sweet tooth.
I should mention that this recipe is adapted from the fabulous blog, It’s Not Complicate Recipes.
MORE LOW CARB COOKIE RECIPES:
LOW CARB ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE:
Low Carb Almond Cookies
- 6 cups almond flour
- 2 cups powdered xylitol (I ground mine in a spice grinder)
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. pure liquid stevia
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, xylitol, almond extract and stevia. Mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, and whisk by hand until the whites and yolks are well combined.
- Pour the eggs into the flour.
- Using your hands, knead the dough until you have a nice, firm dough. It will be a bit sticky, but will come together nicely.
- Again, using your hands, roll the dough into walnut-sized pieces.
- Place each ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You don't need to give these much room. They do not spread.
- Gently flatten each cookie, using your hand.
- Then press several of the sliced almonds into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are just barely golden brown.
- These will need to cool before you can enjoy their full flavor.
- Store in a food-safe container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- 1 cookie = 7 net carbs (9 total carbs)